WLW Web Series: Just Say No!

Women Living Whole: "Diamond" Web Series 
Just Say No!


Last month we discussed accepting our challenges. The Hebrew boys in Daniel chapter 3 were covered when King Nebuchadnezzar gave them a challenge to bow before the golden image that he had created. In verse 16 – 18 the Hebrew boys give their response. The Hebrew boys tell King Nebuchadnezzar, NO! We will not serve your golden image. If it is meant our God will deliver us but if not we will perish. We must be willing to say no even if it means we lose that which we desire.

During our development we must be willing to answer the question. The Hebrew boys answered the question. They said no. We will not bow. We have all heard the saying if you do not stand for something you will fall for anything. Well it is absolutely true. You must be willing to stand up and say no. This is part of your development process. During this phase we learn that saying no is not only acceptable but it is necessary. It will be vital to show assertiveness and use the word no from time to time. We must learn to say no to situations that can cause us harm. Harm can be mental, physical, spiritual, or emotional. If there is something in your life that is not adding value to you; not fulfilling to you; is sucking the life out of you; making you feel lower than what you were created to be; if it is going against your core beliefs then it is beneficial for you to say NO.

For those who are thinking, I still let it happen to me; I am still in the situation; I did not fight Jeanine. I never said a word, I never opened my mouth. Some NO’s are mental. If you have not said no in action you may be saying no in your mind which is your first step. You could be saying to yourself, I will not accept what you are doing to me. There must be a better way. There will be a day I will get out of this mess. I know I was created for more and this situation will not keep me down. If you are starting to say these things in your mind you are changing your thoughts. When you have a change in thought you eventually will have a change in action. Just keeping thinking no and you will say no!

We all have a voice and we all have an opportunity to say NO. You have to be willing to open your mouth and say it. When the time comes you have to be ready to fight for what you believe in and what you know is right. The fight is in you. God has giving you everything that you need. All you have to do is tap into it then stand up boldly and say NO! Be Blessed!





Comments

Recent Reader Faves